Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to customize Activity Map to exclude high PII pages?

Level 2

Hello there!

My team and I are interested in enabling Activity Map.

However, our authenticated site contains a lot of PII content: profile pages, e-mail addresses, etc. There are links connecting people, and links connecting people to account-level details, which can also contain sensitive information.

My understanding is that these click values will be stored in Adobe once I enable Activity Map.

Is Activity Map all or nothing, or can you block pages, CSS elements, etc to customize an Activity Map implementation?

Just wondering if anyone else has explored this area. Thank you for your help and guidance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

According to Adobe's official documentation (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/activity-map/link-tracking/activitymap-lin...) they suggest tagging links that may contain PII using the s_objectID or by using s.ActivityMap.linkExclusions / s.ActivityMap.regionExclusions

It sounds like you have a lot of links, therefore, you might be better to mark the entire content of the page as an excluded region:

<div id="links-excluded">
  <a href="somelink.html">
    [PII value]
  </a>
</div>

s.ActivityMap.regionExclusions = 'links-excluded';

The sample shows add the regionExclusions as part of the page, but I have link and region settings all in my Adobe Analytics extension "custom code" area, this should be able to be added there so that it will apply to "link-exclusions" anywhere in your site (without having to add the script manually to each page, you just need to make sure the regions are tagged)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

According to Adobe's official documentation (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/activity-map/link-tracking/activitymap-lin...) they suggest tagging links that may contain PII using the s_objectID or by using s.ActivityMap.linkExclusions / s.ActivityMap.regionExclusions

It sounds like you have a lot of links, therefore, you might be better to mark the entire content of the page as an excluded region:

<div id="links-excluded">
  <a href="somelink.html">
    [PII value]
  </a>
</div>

s.ActivityMap.regionExclusions = 'links-excluded';

The sample shows add the regionExclusions as part of the page, but I have link and region settings all in my Adobe Analytics extension "custom code" area, this should be able to be added there so that it will apply to "link-exclusions" anywhere in your site (without having to add the script manually to each page, you just need to make sure the regions are tagged)

Level 2

Thank you @Jennifer_Dungan ! Appreciate the find. This is exactly what I needed to get me on track with further research.

Cheers!

Curtis

Community Advisor

You're very welcome. Activity Map is really powerful, and there are lots of little tweaks to make it work better, so have some fun and play around with it. Good Luck!