Expand my Community achievements bar.

Integration with React Native in Expo

Level 1

Hi All,

I know that this question has been asked previously, 6 months ago or so, but wanted to check if anyone had managed to integrate Analytics with a React Native project in the Expo environment?

Adobe don't seem to support this currently, so it would be good if they looked at putting it on the Roadmap, but does anyone know anything specifically about why it seems to be so difficult and not something that is supported currently, and any ways around this to get a React Native app working with Adobe Analytics?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not sure what "Expo" is.. but we have React Native apps with Analytics.... what makes Expo a challenge?

Level 1

Expo is a platform to build mobile apps, which we use with React Native as the frontend. I'm not 100% sure what makes Expo a challenge, but do know that it doesn't support Adobe Analytics - from searches (and there isn't much info), it sound as though Analytics can only pull in from JS scripts, rather than true native experiences through Expo.. but I'm not sure why that is and if anything can be done to work around this.

Community Advisor

That seems strange... though I am not an app developer (I do web development).

At its most basic level, analytics is really just about sending requests to the Adobe Server... then having the server process that data... 

In theory, if you can understand the format in which to send data for each type of call / interaction, essentially you should be able to send data (even if each request has to be manually built in your apps)... the SDK really just does a lot of the heavy lifting... (not that I am saying you should run out right now and manually code everything... that would take a lot of work to ensure everything is properly formatted).