Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Inserting subdomain on tracking server

Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently using 000webhost.com to host my code. In the tracking server, I notice some samples using the format namespace.112.2o7.net. I'm currently using 112.2o7.net only. What is the difference?

Also, the URL for my site is in the format of mysite.000webhost.com. Would mysite.000webhost.112.2o7.net work as tracking server? I'm curious because I don't see anyone using subdomain on their tracking server.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

2o7.net (and its subdomains) is where the visitor ID cookie is stored. using 112.2o7.net technically works, but you'll be sharing that cookie with everyone else who's using it.

If you have the capability to easily alter this value, I'd strongly recommend using 000webhost.sc.omtrdc.net. This is our regional data collection server, which increases performance. It also automatically routes to the proper data center.

You can also see this KB article for more information on populating the trackingServer variable: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/determining-data-center.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

2o7.net (and its subdomains) is where the visitor ID cookie is stored. using 112.2o7.net technically works, but you'll be sharing that cookie with everyone else who's using it.

If you have the capability to easily alter this value, I'd strongly recommend using 000webhost.sc.omtrdc.net. This is our regional data collection server, which increases performance. It also automatically routes to the proper data center.

You can also see this KB article for more information on populating the trackingServer variable: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/determining-data-center.html