Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Huge spike in visitors and visits on 2 x CTV devices

Level 1

Hi there, 

We noticed a huge spike in visitors and visits (video view events are unaffected) on two of our devices mid January (Jan 14th) . These are CTV devices with legacy tracking; no device ID is sent, so adobe relies on IP address or user agent to count visitors/visits. Nothing appears to have changed on our end, but hoping someone might have an idea as to why these metrics have suddenly spiked? It appears as though something has changed on adobe's end whereby they're no longer stitching visitors together

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

Sonia

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sonial - I'd recommend that we start investigating this by fetching raw data for an hour and check the trend of IP addresses. Do you see lot of hits from a single IP address? Or are you seeing IP address changing for the same user/visitor? To begin with, these are some probabilities.

Anyhow, this will require detailed investigation and I'd suggest that you report this to Client Care for further troubleshooting.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sonial - I'd recommend that we start investigating this by fetching raw data for an hour and check the trend of IP addresses. Do you see lot of hits from a single IP address? Or are you seeing IP address changing for the same user/visitor? To begin with, these are some probabilities.

Anyhow, this will require detailed investigation and I'd suggest that you report this to Client Care for further troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi there, 

Thank you so much for you reply! 

From Jan 14th, at around 11am, we started to see multiple different visitor IDs for the one IP address; basically, no visitor stitching is happening at all anymore. 

Given Adobe has said there's not been a change on their end, can you think of any possible changes that could have happened from our end? There have been no internal updates to the devices/apps that we've seen this change on. 

See below some screenshots of the raw data

Any others thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated! 

Regards

Sonia

sonial_1-1645319885918.png

sonial_2-1645319988980.png