Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to QA s props variable

Level 2

I am looking for a way to QA or check if our s.props is passing the variable from our site. In the case of Evar i can check the source code to my site and see if that variable is passing or not However  i can't do that for  S.props . Any suggestion? Thanks for your help! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

In addition to what Rahul mentioned. I'd also suggest Data Warehouse Request. This is better w.r.t. getting to know all the pages and their corresponding props and eVars as per the technical implementation i.e. what values are designed to be passed versus what is actually being passed.

Thanks

Nikhil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried using the debugger?

Here's some documentation on it.

Let us know if it solves your problem.

Kind Regards

Rahul

Correct answer by
Level 8

In addition to what Rahul mentioned. I'd also suggest Data Warehouse Request. This is better w.r.t. getting to know all the pages and their corresponding props and eVars as per the technical implementation i.e. what values are designed to be passed versus what is actually being passed.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 2

Nikhil, I thought Data warehouse request provides you the data that is populating? is there a way we can check both? i.e the data actually populating and  data supposed to populate? i always use data warehouse request whenever i have a bigger data to pull but i can only see what is in there.  

Thanks

Hiwot 

Level 2

Thank you Rahsing, 

Yes we have used the debugger, Our setup is a little complicated. We are running 2 report suites at the same time. The legacy suite is using legacy s_code to send data Adobe analytics data. The new suite is receiving data from DTM. When running the adobe debugger we get no results. Running the chrome extension analytics debugger, we can see both image results and data. But the legacy request is not passing data. But the legacy suite is receiving data.

Level 8

Exactly. Refer to Data Warehouse request to see what populating on the page specified and refer to your implementation specifications(Technical specifications) to see what should populate. You do have your implementation/technical specifications document which mentions how Analytics was implemented on your website right?

Thanks

Nikhil