Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get the top row of a adobe workspace dashboard in report builder

Level 2

I need to get the top row of my dashboard in excel using report builder. How to get it?
I am doing this for internal search term.
Please see the attached screen shot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, @kumararajak beat me to it

When building Report Builder reports, you have to make multiple requests to pull out data at different levels... Totals, in order properly de-duplicate values, must be pulled as a separate item or items depending on if you need to make adjustments to individual columns.

My rule of thumb for Report Builder, is to pull the data into a hidden "Raw Data" sheet, then build out a pretty report in a separate sheet using Excel cell references to pull the data from the hidden sheet to the "pretty" report.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Level 6

In a simple way, create two data blocks in the report builder.

1. For Aggregate

2. Individual line items

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, @kumararajak beat me to it

When building Report Builder reports, you have to make multiple requests to pull out data at different levels... Totals, in order properly de-duplicate values, must be pulled as a separate item or items depending on if you need to make adjustments to individual columns.

My rule of thumb for Report Builder, is to pull the data into a hidden "Raw Data" sheet, then build out a pretty report in a separate sheet using Excel cell references to pull the data from the hidden sheet to the "pretty" report.

Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

I guess you have not seen the attachment i have added in the question.

I have 114863 rows for Internal Search Term(evar30) but i need to overall number in report builder which is highlighted in the blue box of attachment.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Yes I saw your attachment.. this is the solution... you cannot get totals in the same request... you need to create a separate aggregate request pull to get the totals

This is your screenshot:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1688049176413.png

Level 2

Thanks for the response.

I don't require any other rows. i just need the row in the blue box. In report builder, even if you select aggregated below the date range selection , in next step it says the top 1-10 rows of the dimension (i.e. eVar30)

There is no option to get the top row only.

Community Advisor

If you only need the top row, then you shouldn't see "top 1-10 rows" unless you are using the wrong Report Builder pull...

You don't need to pull the values of Internal Search Term... create a segment for "Internal Search Term exists" then apply that in the first screen where you see "Segment" in the top right corner:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1688058480563.png

Now, you want to use Site Metrics as the report type, not custom conversion.

Custom Traffic and Custom Conversion are about getting the top X items back. that's not what you need...  Site Metrics focuses on getting the metrics.

The attribution models don't mean anything at the total level, so just choose Internal Search (event 2), Visits, Orders, Revenue, etc as your metrics, and you can hide the date range (red arrow)

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1688059071062.png

You will see a preview of how the data will be formatted, and when you have the order you want, choose the cell to start loading the info and run the request

Community Advisor

I should mention that "date range" is technically always there.. when you make an aggregate pull that "date range" just shows you the range that you pulled for your reference...

When you have a daily, or weekly, etc breakdown granularity, it will apply the range for each breakdown.

If you don't need the data, like in this case, you can leave it in the row, but just hide it

Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

I have when i use site metircs it will not show participation metrcis(like revenue particiaption, order participation etc.)

I appreciate you response but the above solution is not aligning with my Question.

Thanks,

Harish

Community Advisor

^ You wouldn't have gotten your custom attribution models using Custom Traffic or Custom Conversion either.... Report Builder was coded before Custom Attribution was a thing... it doesn't support Attribution models directly.

Site Metrics is the way to pull metric totals which seemed to be the primary ask, as you complained about seeing only "Top 1-10"....  Custom Traffic / Custom Conversion is the way to pull "Top X" dimension values. Starting with the correct report type is key to getting the data you want.

If you really need custom attribution, you will have to create a calculated metric using attribution models in the calculated metric builder.. but you would still have to pull those custom metrics in the way I suggested above (using Site Totals) (assuming they are compatible with Report Builder).

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1688478407277.png

Community Advisor

I guess you aren't using completely custom attribution, but some of the "reserved attribution" models... Glad you found a solution... Report Builder needs some major updates.... 

Level 2

Hi Kumararajak,

I have 114863 rows for Internal Search Term but i need to overall number in report builder which is highlighted in the blue box of attachment.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hello harry,

Follow the below steps in report builder

1. Once RB wizard expand the 'custom conversion' on left hand side

2. Select eVar30 which is 'internal Search term (eVar30)

3. go to Site metrics and select the metrics which you want to see i.e. event2, visits, order, revenue and revenue per search.

Hope this will help.

Level 2

Hi Rajeshwari,

I have 114863 rows for Internal Search Term but i need to overall number in report builder which is highlighted in the blue box of attachment.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

In that case just add the date range along with the metrics highlighted instead of eVar30 dimension. Also solution provided above by Jenni will also work and you will get the aggregated numbers. 

Level 2

Thanks for the resposne.

I need the data for eVar30 dimension only.

And there is no dimension as "Date Range" and i won't be getting participation metrics with site metrics dimensions.

Community Advisor

If that is the case then in the report builder there is feature which you can user and to fetch data from 1 to 50000 and then run another batch with from 50001 and to remaining.

Level 2

I appreciate your response but i need only 1 row i.e. top row as shown in the screenshot i have attached.

Regards,

Harish

Community Advisor

^ This wouldn't be using "Adobe Report Builder" then... this would just be a manual export of data from Adobe Workspaces and bringing the data into Excel... "Adobe Report Builder" is a specific tool / Excel Plugin that makes API calls directly from Excel to Adobe data storage to retrieve data automatically and directly into Excel.

I think you have mixed up "Report Builder" with "Workspaces"

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses, I appreciate your time.

After lot of trials, discussions, I found the solution for this which is as below:

--Select the dimension(Internal search term(V30)) and date range on first screen of report builder.

--In the next window click on the top 1-10 link of the dimension.

Sol1.JPG

--Select specific & Click on Add button

Sol2.JPG

-- Add "- All elements -" from left side to right side and click on OK and run the query

Sol3.JPG

-- Boom you will get only top row with all the desired metrics.

Sol4.JPG

Regards,

Harish Kumat