Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get scrolldown and then click button

Level 1

Is there anyone who can help me create a segmentation?

I would like to know how many visits happens

-

when they reach the page

scroll one hit fired and then click the button right away.

I don't know what is wrong in my segment

image.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The first issue is that you can't use "THEN" on a hit level segment... THEN can only be used on Visit or Visitor scoped segments.

Since you are looking at a "within 1 week" clause, I would suggest changing your segment to Unique Visitor... 

But you should know that this will return ALL the visitor traffic for visitors that meet this criteria... if you need to look only at the last PVI Product Type, you will need to use a hit level segment with a visitor level container inside it...

So something like:

HIT scope segment
[

PVI Product Type (v11) equals ****

AND

Visitor scope container

[

Pages equals ****

THEN within 1 hit

Scroll (v46) exists

THEN within 1 week

]

]

Basically, this looks for ALL visitors who meet the page > scroll > product type criteria, AND only returns the hits for your Product Type

Not sure if the rest of the logic works, but you know your site better than I do.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The first issue is that you can't use "THEN" on a hit level segment... THEN can only be used on Visit or Visitor scoped segments.

Since you are looking at a "within 1 week" clause, I would suggest changing your segment to Unique Visitor... 

But you should know that this will return ALL the visitor traffic for visitors that meet this criteria... if you need to look only at the last PVI Product Type, you will need to use a hit level segment with a visitor level container inside it...

So something like:

HIT scope segment
[

AND

Visitor scope container

[

Pages equals ****

THEN within 1 hit

Scroll (v46) exists

THEN within 1 week

]

]

Basically, this looks for ALL visitors who meet the page > scroll > product type criteria, AND only returns the hits for your Product Type

Not sure if the rest of the logic works, but you know your site better than I do.

Good Luck

Community Advisor

It should be WITHIN 1 Page View or AFTER 1 Hit, not WITHIN 1 Hit.

Since a Hit is AA's unit of measure, the page view hit and the scroll hit cannot happen in the same hit (assuming that the scroll gets tracked with a Custom Link beacon).

Community Advisor

I only copied the rules as per the original screenshot, layering in the containers... 

However, a scroll event would be an action, not a page view... so I would say Hit is quite likely appropriate here.

Community Advisor

@Jennifer_Dungan , my point was that you can't have the Pages dimension (from the Page View hit) be WITHIN the same Hit as the Scroll (v46) dimension (from the scroll hit), because the dimensions are tracked with 2 different hits. That's why I had proposed using

WITHIN 1 Page View

or

AFTER 1 Hit.

Community Advisor

"Within 1 Hit" doesn't mean "same hit", it means the next subsequent hit (page view or action). Not exceeding 1:

Page View

Scroll Action

Scroll Action is the next direct hit... 

Within 5 Hits means the the scroll action would need to be in one of the next 5 hits (actions or page views)

"AFTER" means that it must be a minimum number of hits before the criteria is met.

Using "Within 1 Page View" means there must be 1 more page view before the scroll action is triggered

Using "AFTER 1 Hit" means there must be at least 1 hit after the page view.

Having A Visitor Level Container that looks at the page name "then within 1 hit" scroll action is a perfectly legitimate segment definition... 

Community Advisor

I do have one issue though.. container can't be "Visitor" level... only Visit... 

So the 1 week clause won't work,.. but the rest will... I add Visit level containers to Hit level segments all the time.

Community Advisor

Part of the issue with that documentation is that they focus on time frames (1 or 2 weeks, etc)...

But they do show "Within 1 Week" meaning the second hit is within that week

Or "After 1 Week" and show that hit B only meets the segment criteria when it happens after a week has passed...

Then they have a sample "After 1 Week but Within 4 Weeks" showing that hit B has to be at least a week later, but it constrained to within 4 weeks (so hit B has to be on week 2, 3 or 4)

Level 1

Thank you everyone.

I learnt a lot about segment logic from your opinions