Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to create segment based on which page shows up first in Visit?

Level 1

Hi all, I'm trying to create a segment based on which page first appears in a visit. Consider the following two sequences:

1. A > B > C > A > C > B

2. A > C > B > A > B > C

I'd like to create two segments:

1. A segment on all visits in which page B appears first in the visit, before C and

2. A segment on all visits in which page C appears first in the visit, before B

You can see that for this given scenario, a simple pathing segment of Page B Then Page C wouldn't work, as this segment would match against both paths above.

Any insights greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Audrey Salerno won the Adobe Analytics Rockstar Contest 2019 with a tip prefectly matching your use case: Dropbox - RockstarTips2019_AudreySalerno.pdf - Simplify your life

use the segment "how many ___ before ___" to get the hits of the desired sequence.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi leeatsap​,

Can you please try using "Only After Sequence" filter in the conditions?

Here's a help doc that talks about it: Build sequential segments

Worth giving a try!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Audrey Salerno won the Adobe Analytics Rockstar Contest 2019 with a tip prefectly matching your use case: Dropbox - RockstarTips2019_AudreySalerno.pdf - Simplify your life

use the segment "how many ___ before ___" to get the hits of the desired sequence.

Level 1

Thanks ishans9314858​ and @ursboller, I'll give that a go!!