Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Hide out-of-the-box dimensions from Workspace

Level 2

Hi,

Is there any way to hide out-of-the-box dimensions provided by Adobe in Workspace, for example the Customer Loyalty dimension?

4 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Absolutely! You have multiple options:

1. You can use the permission management in Admin Console to hide a component and prevent someone from using it completely.
  2. When you set up a Virtual Report Suite, you can use the curation feature to hide components for only a certain VRS. This will hide it for normal users, while Admins can still see them when explicitly looking for them.
  3. On Project level in Analysis Workspace, you can again use the curation feature to only show a set of components for a single Project or template. The user will have the choice to show all components, but they will be hidden by default.
Learn more about Adobe Analytics and Customer Journey Analytics on my blog

Need help with Adobe Analytics or Customer Journey Analytics? Let's talk!

Level 2

Thank you! I think the Admin Console option is the most relevant one for us.

Community Advisor

Yes. You can customize which Dimensions and Metrics are available to users via the Admin Console. In your Product Profiles, there is menu of options:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1696510271796.png

Within Permissions, there are 5 categories of permission types:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1696513266268.png

Generally Metrics and Dimensions are set to "Auto-include" which allows any new items to be automatically available to people... but you can curate both of these lists.

However, be warned that if you do curate the lists, every time you add new custom dimensions or events, they will have to be manually added to all your Product Profiles to be usable; the same goes for any new items added by Adobe.

If you do go this route, I suggest making at least 2 product profiles... one for Admins that have "auto-included" and one for your users where you can curate their access.. this way you don't miss any important updates.

Virtual Report Suites also allow you to curate Dimensions and Metrics.

Level 2

Ok, thank you for the quick response, then I will consider this option.