Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

getNewRepeat plugin implemented in web SDK implementation showing lot of unspecified values

Level 2

I have implemented getNewRepeat plugin, however, it is showing a lot of 'unspecified' values. When I check in the debugger I do see visits as 'New' or 'Repeat' what can be the reason for 'unspecified' values? I tried to debug also but do not see any pattern with particular pages for the same pages I see New and Repeat values.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2

Hello @firefighteradi 

If you use the Plugin getNewRepeat you should definitely get either New or Returning Visits in your line item.

If you see unspecified, there might be 2 cases:

1. Few of your pages didn't have the plugin or variable to capture the Dimension.

2. Or issue with the implementation.

You can have a look at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getnewrepeat

for implementation process.

Community Advisor

Could there be a timing issue? As in, could the first page of your site have sent the tracking call before the cookie code finished determining if the user was new or repeat? Therefore nothing was sent on the first calls?