Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Full Paths Report & Pricing Question

Former Community Member

Dearest Forum,

I have my GAIQ, but new to SiteCat.

I have a couple question about this report.

How do I interpret the page icons with the letter designations? I have a path that goes G>F>B>C>D.  If the letter represents the order in which pages are viewed, why are the letters not always sequential?  I have read documentation, but still confused:

• Letters indicate the order in which the pages were viewed.For example, the first page name in the report has a green arrow next to it, and is assigned the letter “A.” The second page name in the report is assigned the letter “B,” and so on. These labels make it easier to detect a pattern than if you had to read the complete URL of a page.

Please see the second site path in the attached image.

[img]sucesspath5.jpg[/img]

Also, if a path includes over 8 steps, is it not included in the "Full Paths Report"?  Or, do they include the path minus the less visited pages?

Finally, I was told Adobe charges per hit or ping to the SiteCat server.  How does that pricing work (guessing it is done by cpmm)?  The cost was listed as an issue with recording scroll depth on a page and having accurate time on page data for landing page bounces (both require addition "pings" to the analytics server.

Thank you!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The letters are assigned based on top page values when the report is run. In your screenshot, the first line item has the path A > B > C > D > E. The next line item has a couple new pages, but some are also the same as the first path right above it. The new pages get F and G, while the pages that already have letters are re-used. Thus you get the path A > F > G > C > D > E.

When running the report, the top page in the first path is always going to be A, and anytime that same page is mentioned in other paths, it will always stay defined as A.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The letters are assigned based on top page values when the report is run. In your screenshot, the first line item has the path A > B > C > D > E. The next line item has a couple new pages, but some are also the same as the first path right above it. The new pages get F and G, while the pages that already have letters are re-used. Thus you get the path A > F > G > C > D > E.

When running the report, the top page in the first path is always going to be A, and anytime that same page is mentioned in other paths, it will always stay defined as A.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

Level 3

Hi,

Paths > 8 steps are not included in the report, and bounces aren't, too.

Best,

Michael

Level 4

Hi Mike,

Since we haven’t heard back from you recently,hope we were able to answer all your queries and the issue got resolved to your satisfaction. 
I will go ahead and archive this case as resolved.
However, if you have any additional questions simply respond to this message and it will be reopened.
I would appreciate if you could spare your valuable time to participate and identify the correct answer which would be of great help to us.

Thanks Russ and Michael for the quick help,support and troubleshooting.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil