Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Exclude Remote Employee IP Addresses

Level 2

Is there an easy way to exclude remote employees' IP addresses in Adobe Analytics reports and projects?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @JC253 

Alternative 1: In case your Org regulates access to Adobe Applications through Federated ID with VPN, then it will be an easy process to Exclude IP addresses (with ranges).

Alternative 2: In case the access is provisioned through Adobe IDs which are created with Corporate Email Ids or personal email Ids, it's a tedious process to exclude IP addresses of several employees. This is also not an accurate process, since your employees can access Adobe applications from several Internet connections.

On a side note, sending a best practice email to all employees (from Info Security team) stating that everyone must access Adobe applications only after connecting to VPN. With this case, Alternative 1 would be effective!

Best,

Kishore

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2
  • If they access your site through your internal network you should be able to add your internal IPs to the exclude traffic condition (Admin>>Exclude IP).   
  • If they are accessing your site directly/not through your network then you would need to know their individual IPs (painful and depending on number of employees difficult) 

• However, once you figure out the IPs you can either create an exclude segment (not optimal choice)  or use the built in 'Exclude by IP' functionality in Analytics

Hoping the community can weigh in in case there are other more efficient ways

Hope this helps

Level 2

Thank you! We have between 200-300 employees in at least three time zones... We are supposed to be logged into the VPN, but I know not everyone does so unless accessing network files. I think the best way will be to have IT drive home the need to use VPN. 

Another thought I had was to create a list of  'power-users' (AEM users, UX team, marketing, etc.) and exclude their IP addresses. This isn't ideal as far as maintenance, but it could be a start. 

I wish we could use an oddball browser and exclude traffic this way. 

I welcome any/all ideas! 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @JC253 

Alternative 1: In case your Org regulates access to Adobe Applications through Federated ID with VPN, then it will be an easy process to Exclude IP addresses (with ranges).

Alternative 2: In case the access is provisioned through Adobe IDs which are created with Corporate Email Ids or personal email Ids, it's a tedious process to exclude IP addresses of several employees. This is also not an accurate process, since your employees can access Adobe applications from several Internet connections.

On a side note, sending a best practice email to all employees (from Info Security team) stating that everyone must access Adobe applications only after connecting to VPN. With this case, Alternative 1 would be effective!

Best,

Kishore