Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

eVar population issue

Level 2

Dear Team,

i'm getting very unexpected behavior of eVar on internet explore.

currently we are collecting a data from dataLayer and push to eVar on page load event (Button) but the eVar is showing "" (null value) while we are loading the page on internet explore (IE 8 , 10) , in case of chrome and Mozilla its working fine.

internet explore (IE 8 , 10)

1275960_pastedImage_5.png

Chrome and Mozilla

1275961_pastedImage_6.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Thanks for sharing the URL with me Vasim Ahmad​. I have sent you my detailed analysis which states that the issue seems to be related to the load order of the Data Layer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Vasim Ahmad​,

Please try replicating the issue using latest version of IE as the older browser versions are already stated to be not supported by Microsoft and hence by Adobe as well.

If it is replicable with latest version of IE, provide here/DM the Page URL and steps to replicate the issue.

Level 2

HI Kaushalendra,

Thanks for your response!!

Currently I'm using the latest internet explorer.

IE Browser Version

1276448_pastedImage_0.png

Employee

HI Vasim Ahmad​,

Is it possible for you to share the Page URL for analysis?

Employee Advisor

Hi Vasim,

I had thought you said the issue was appearing in IE8 and IE10. Are you also seeing the issue on your latest IE/Edge browser?

My guess is that the data layer is loading too slowly and the Adobe tag is firing before there is a value in the data layer. Are you using DTM to deploy the tags?

Level 2

Hi Erric,

Thanks for your Quick response!

I have tried on IE8 ,IE10 and Edge browser as well but the same issue is still persist., Yes i'm using DTM to deploy the Tags and the Tag is trigger on button of the page.

Correct answer by
Employee

Thanks for sharing the URL with me Vasim Ahmad​. I have sent you my detailed analysis which states that the issue seems to be related to the load order of the Data Layer.