Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

does s_cc cookie affects tracking ?

Level 1

if i disable s_cc cookie or turn it to false, how will it affect the server calls ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, you might need an Adobe Engineer to help with this... this cookie is set by Adobe's scripts, it's not something most of us have tinkered with.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, you might need an Adobe Engineer to help with this... this cookie is set by Adobe's scripts, it's not something most of us have tinkered with.

Good luck.

Community Advisor

The s_cc cookie is created by AA's AppMeasurement.js. See https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/core-services/interface/administration/ec-cookies/cookies-an.... You're advised to leave this (and other auto-created cookies) alone.

Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to understand the mandatory cookies we find in server calls.
I am trying to understand If I disable or make s_cc as false , I still see my analytics server call are still  getting fired for. As per my understanding s_cc is a mandatory cookie, so analytics server call shouldn't be fired after I disable it. Could you please correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks

Dipinti

Community Advisor

The s_cc cookie is a session cookie... it doesn't persist, or "follow" the user... I'm not sure why you would want to tinker with it in the first place.

If you don't want analytics to be fired, why aren't you just adding conditions to your rules, that when a user opts-out, the rules read that state and prevent your analytics code from even triggering.

See
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/aborting-all-analytics-se...