Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data Warehouse API - Using segments as breakdowns

Level 1

I am unsure of how to use segments as breakdowns in the reporting API. In the data warehouse request builder, it's as simple as picking a segment as it will add it as a breakdown, but in the API it only gives me the option to use multiple segments. Is there some documentation that will explain this? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The data warehouse API does not support using segments as dimensions, unfortunately. That's an ability that is specific to Analysis Workspace.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Thanks for the documentation! I'm still not sure how to proceed though, I guess I'll try and show what I'm trying to do.

This is a sample request when I manually go into datawarehouse

OVERALL SEGMENT - Homepage Visits

Breakdowns -

evar1 -> evar50 -> visits_that_clicked_link (This is a segment)

Metric -

Visits

So a sample result would look like this

Date          evar1               evar50      visits_that_clicked_link     visits

April 1       sample.com     USA         0                                        100

April 1       sample.com     USA         1                                        150

April 1       sample.com     EU           0                                        53

April 1       sample.com     EU           1                                        34

In the API, it only gives me the option to select multiple segments as an overall filter, but it won't use them as breakdowns.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The data warehouse API does not support using segments as dimensions, unfortunately. That's an ability that is specific to Analysis Workspace.