Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Data Insertion API - Classification Rules

Level 1

Hello, I'm using the Data Insertion API to send data to Adobe Analytics. As part of this I'm setting the campaign parameter.

Within Analytics, we have a Classification Rule set which reads the value of the Campaign parameter and classifies it to a specific channel.

However, the Campaign data sent via the data insertion API is not being classified

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I assume when you say your classification rules aren't setting the correct channel, you are referring to your Marketing Channels right?

I could be wrong on this... but part of the Marketing Channel rules also look at the paid search detection, or if the referrer came from a social network etc... are you sure the injected data is triggering those rules first to ensure that your Marketing Channel processing is catching the campaign under that context?

Also, a lot of the Marketing Channel rules by default are looking specifically at the URL value, rather than what was processed into the campaign variable..

Example:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1669954820214.png

This is looking directly at the query string... IF that matches, then

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1669954560657.png

set the Channel to something and the channel value to your campaign tracking code....

But, I don't know how your Marketing Channel Rules are set up... but this would be the first place I would think to look...

IF you are absolutely sure that all the data is being populated into all the needed fields, and the processing rules are set to read from and use those rules, you might have to check with Client Care why the data isn't processing... because it seems to me like Marketing Channels should be processed after the data ingestion, just like they process after a normal tracking call is ingested.