Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Creating a standalone number and adding to analytics as a segment to include in a calculated metric

Level 2

Hi

I would like to try and understand if it's possible to be able to add key business metrics (product lifetime value - £) to Adobe analytics as part of a segment so I can later use it as part of a calculated metric. i.e. 

Product lifetime value (£100 - provided as a metric from business) X No. of individual sales

so i can get an overall view of profit.

I have looked and don't think there is a way but would love to be proved wrong and if there isn't could this be something that could be added so I can pull all the data via adobe analytics rather than having to pull the data together in Microsoft excel. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If this line:

Product lifetime value (£100 - provided as a metric from business) X No. of individual sales

is read as:

"100 pounds multiplied by the number of individual sales"

Then that £100 is a static number, and you can include such static numbers in calculated metrics.

First, click the "+Add" button to the right of the calculated metric builder, and choose "Static Number":

yuhuisg_0-1657632669038.png

Then, enter your static number. Remember to change the operator from the default division to your required multiplication.

yuhuisg_1-1657632712333.png

Hope that's what you're after! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If this line:

Product lifetime value (£100 - provided as a metric from business) X No. of individual sales

is read as:

"100 pounds multiplied by the number of individual sales"

Then that £100 is a static number, and you can include such static numbers in calculated metrics.

First, click the "+Add" button to the right of the calculated metric builder, and choose "Static Number":

yuhuisg_0-1657632669038.png

Then, enter your static number. Remember to change the operator from the default division to your required multiplication.

yuhuisg_1-1657632712333.png

Hope that's what you're after! 

Level 2

Yeah, can't believe i've missed it. That's exactly what i'm after. Thanks