Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Chatbot analytics issue

Level 2

Hello Folks,

I am trying analytics for chatbot in Adobe analytics. What kind of data we can track from chat? Can we track chatbot it self and end-user discussion?

Please advise on this issue

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There aren't any special technique for tracking chatbot interactions. Essentially, you'll be using Custom Links to track those interactions. These chatbot interactions are not links per se, but since you're tracking events, then Custom Links are the closest hit type that AA has to event tracking. You might use Pageviews to track when a chat is started, but I personally find Custom Links easier to implement, given how chatbot APIs work.

There are also no hard-and-fast rules about what to track. Common interactions that you might track are:

• when a chat has started,
  • when the user has entered a message in the chat,
  • when a link in a chat has been clicked,
  • when a chat has ended -- possibly together with the chat duration and number of messages exchanged

Warning: Be careful that you don't track personally identifiable information!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There aren't any special technique for tracking chatbot interactions. Essentially, you'll be using Custom Links to track those interactions. These chatbot interactions are not links per se, but since you're tracking events, then Custom Links are the closest hit type that AA has to event tracking. You might use Pageviews to track when a chat is started, but I personally find Custom Links easier to implement, given how chatbot APIs work.

There are also no hard-and-fast rules about what to track. Common interactions that you might track are:

• when a chat has started,
  • when the user has entered a message in the chat,
  • when a link in a chat has been clicked,
  • when a chat has ended -- possibly together with the chat duration and number of messages exchanged

Warning: Be careful that you don't track personally identifiable information!