Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calculation of Single access rate and Bounce rate along with their difference

Level 3

Hi –

Can someone please let me know how to get Single Access Rate and Bounce rate in %.

Presently, I’m using the below formula:

Single Access Rate = Single Page Visits / Visits * 100

And Bounce rate = Total Number of bounces/ Total number of entries*100

Also, what is the major difference between Single Access Rate and Bounce rate?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suhail

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Suhail, 

Single Access is not equal to Single Page Visits

While Single Access can have multiple page views, Single Page Visits cannot. 

Differences:

• Bounces: Can have only a single server call. Doesn't matter if it is a page view or a no-page view call.
  • Single Access: It can have any number of server calls, as long as the variables have a unique value. Example if evar1 has XYZ in the visit, it should be the only value. Similarly for any variable.
  • Single Page Visits: Can have any number of non-page view calls. However, there should be only one page-view

For more details, read the doc: https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-bounces-and-single-access.html

-Hyder

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Suhail, 

Single Access is not equal to Single Page Visits

While Single Access can have multiple page views, Single Page Visits cannot. 

Differences:

• Bounces: Can have only a single server call. Doesn't matter if it is a page view or a no-page view call.
  • Single Access: It can have any number of server calls, as long as the variables have a unique value. Example if evar1 has XYZ in the visit, it should be the only value. Similarly for any variable.
  • Single Page Visits: Can have any number of non-page view calls. However, there should be only one page-view

For more details, read the doc: https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-bounces-and-single-access.html

-Hyder