Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Calculated Metrics IF THEN ELSE Statements

Former Community Member

Hi, i am trying to use if then else statements in a calculated metric to give me a column with all relevant numbers. However it will only generate the first 2 correctly then seems to stop, i have tried stripping right back but i cant seem to get some to work at all.

I am simply using a calculated metric to say If metric = A then value of X, else If metric = B, then value of Y, if metric = C then value = Z ELSE value 0

Any help please would be great! Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue. On an aggregated level, Adobe will read the calculated metric, and the first condition that is true will apply to all of the data, rather than it consider every hit and then aggregate up from there.

There is no workaround unless you break the data down using the dimension in your calculated metric. I have raised this with Adobe and their suggestion was to raise this to the forum.

Hope this helps!
Rachel

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

Hi Laurab,

I've tried creating a calculated metric using 'if' statement (see the screengrabs) & in this case I've taken referring domains as a dimension with visit metrics & it seems to be working fine. You can use the similar logic & see if it's working for you.

1792954_pastedImage_1.png

1792961_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks

M

Level 6

Hi,

Could you provide the screenshot of calculated metric which you created.

Regards

Ashok

Former Community Member

Hi Please see an example below: i can not get each section to work only the first 2 for scheme 2 and 3, thank you

1801997_pastedImage_1.png

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue. On an aggregated level, Adobe will read the calculated metric, and the first condition that is true will apply to all of the data, rather than it consider every hit and then aggregate up from there.

There is no workaround unless you break the data down using the dimension in your calculated metric. I have raised this with Adobe and their suggestion was to raise this to the forum.

Hope this helps!
Rachel

Former Community Member

Hi Rachel,

Yes it does, i am glad to know it is not just me thank you for your reply,

Laura