Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Bot Segmentation Tips

Level 2

I've looked into the history of the topics posted on bots and could not find exactly what I was looking for.  What I want is a way to build a segment that identifies IP addresses that have x # visits in an hour with zero orders.  Is there an easy way to do this with segmentation?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Level 2

Thank you.  I did see that but the metric notes that it's only useful for page views and occurrences.  What I'm looking for is something that measures visits.

Community Advisor

"x # visits in an hour with zero orders" may not be a bot... 

Now, if you are just trying to segment out "browsers" from "active purchasers" in your reports; that is different...the problem is that you can't get the granularity of segments to look hourly... 

But, you should be able to do something at the Visit Level...

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1692329360659.png

(change the PVs to match your reqs)

If you really need something with an hour, I wonder if this is something you would have to create some custom tracking code... maybe something that when a visit starts, creating a session storage variable that starts incrementing on each page and another with a timestamp.. if a purchase is made, the session variable is cleared (maybe another session variable is used to determine that a purchase has been made this session).

If the first session variable hits your threshold, trigger an event or set a dimension with a value to indicate this visit Hit X page views without a order should be flagged for exclusion... All of this logic would have to check multiple items on each Page View (checking the start time to see if within an hour, check to see if the PV count hits the threshold, and check if an order has been made)... 

I would start with the above segment first.... it would be a lot easier than all this custom solution..