Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Are these hits duplicated or not?

Level 1

Hi,

I wonder if these hits are duplicated or not. I checked the debugger and one has information about Activity Map and the other doesn't. However, the hit seems very very similar.

The only difference is the "Irt=" query parameter

https://company_domain/b/ss/company/1/JS-2.22.0/s95282088995156?AQB=1&ndh=1&pf=1&t=22%2F11%2F2022%20...

https://companydomain.com/b/ss/company/1/JS-2.22.0/s977010358385?AQB=1&ndh=1&pf=1&t=22%2F11%2F2022%2...

On the Adobe Debugger I see that there are 2 hits. However, one has the Activity Map variables filled and the other doesn't.

Is the hit duplicated?

Thank you for your support

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not sure.. both requests have "debug=true" in them, which in my experience doesn't get tracked... I don't know what the lrt parameter is... 

But IF both are requests are showing in your Cloud Debugger (and you aren't using multiple tools in conjunction that might be causing the duplication) I am not sure why both calls are showing for you... 

For the record, the old "Cloud Debugger" when you looked at the network calls, you would see "two calls". One registered as a redirect, and the second had "debug=true" in it.. the Cloud debugger would only show ONE of the calls. The redirect was a product of how the Cloud Debugger essentially injected itself in the middle to read and display the request information.

However, there could be other tools that use a similar trick...  and the tools aren't designed to understand other "man in the middle inspectors" in use... what you are seeing could simply be a result of multiple tools fighting each other.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Well there are a few differences, but those may just be manual errors as you were sanitizing the values (such as different tracking server, different namespace and different page name). I don't see Activity Map in either of the calls you posted.

However, barring that, the first hit has "&p.&debug=true&.p" in it... this is a tag that is added when using the old "Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger", this will not be counted as an analytics hit. 

Do you by any chance have both "Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger" AND "Adobe Experience Platform Debugger" open? 

The Cloud Debugger shouldn't be showing the "debug" requests... but I've noticed that the Platform Debugger (since it doesn't use the same method to connect into the tracking calls) will show both - even through one of them isn't really a request.

Or maybe you are seeing these in your network calls... when also using the Cloud Debugger....

Level 1

Hi Jennifer, thank you very much for replying and trying to help.

I tried with the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger and the hits are identical. The only difference is the lrt parameter. So it seems duplicated.

Here are the requests better cleaned:

https://smetrics.company.com/b/ss/companyprod/1/JS-2.22.0/s62376522484374?AQB=1&ndh=1&pf=1&t=23%2F11...

https://smetrics.company.com/b/ss/companyprod/1/JS-2.22.0/s68165951586000?AQB=1&ndh=1&pf=1&t=23%2F11...

Below are the requests calls stack:

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 13.05.22.pngScreenshot 2022-12-23 at 13.05.43.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not sure.. both requests have "debug=true" in them, which in my experience doesn't get tracked... I don't know what the lrt parameter is... 

But IF both are requests are showing in your Cloud Debugger (and you aren't using multiple tools in conjunction that might be causing the duplication) I am not sure why both calls are showing for you... 

For the record, the old "Cloud Debugger" when you looked at the network calls, you would see "two calls". One registered as a redirect, and the second had "debug=true" in it.. the Cloud debugger would only show ONE of the calls. The redirect was a product of how the Cloud Debugger essentially injected itself in the middle to read and display the request information.

However, there could be other tools that use a similar trick...  and the tools aren't designed to understand other "man in the middle inspectors" in use... what you are seeing could simply be a result of multiple tools fighting each other.