Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Analytics Reporting API 2.0 query

Level 1

Is it possible to get all the values in the highlighted screenshot(including dimension breakdowns and their respective Pageviews and Visits values) using Adobe Analytics Reporting API 2.0? I am looking to obtain multiple metrics and dimensions breakdown using a single JSON code.(A one time code that runs and obtains all the values)

Seems like itemId attribute has to be obtained individually for each step. (From the Bug Symbol from AA workspace). I am referring to the article https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/guides/endpoints/reports/breakdowns/ but it has an example where only the nested value can be obtained.(i.e. Cities : Lehi)

Capture.PNG

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't believe API 2.0 can do this in a single JSON... 

The old API 1.4 could do this, but it required sending the request into a queue, then having to keep checking the queue for it to complete, then finally requesting the rendered data for the report,

The queue was awkward though.. especially if something got stuck.

That is where API 2.0 comes in.. there is no queue.. requests come back immediately (or as close to immediately as possible), but the concession for that performance is not running a lot of complex breakdowns.

This means that in order for you to get the breakdowns as shown, you have to make multiple requests... I believe the API order needs to pull from the lowest breakdown and work its way up... 

From the debug mode you are using, I think you need will need to look at multiple calls (you can use the timestamps to help inform the order in which they are run.... )

Unfortunately, I haven't used the API 2.0 much... really just a training lab I did back in 2019.... but that is what I recall about how it works....

Community Advisor

Under API 2.0, you have to go for multiple requests for multiple-level breakdowns. Not to retrieve for itemId for the breakdown you want to get but also the reporting API only takes one single dimension at a time which makes you must go for multiple requests.

You may refer to Breakdown dimensions (adobe.com) on how to do multiple-level breakdowns.

Level 1

@leocwlau , Thankyou for your answer. I wish we would have an option to include multiple dimensions within a single request. Hopefully this will be in Adobe's roadmap.