Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Adobe's Custom Calendar settings don't match my company's unique fiscal calendar in 2023 with the extra week (53 weeks).

Level 1

My company follows a 4-4-5 fiscal calendar pattern. In addition, my company's fiscal new year this year began on 2/4/2024. 

The problem I'm encountering is because of the extra week in 2023 and where it is being placed. In my company, instead of placing the extra week in the last month of the year (January '24), it was placed in December '23. I believe this was done so that our January period does not have 6 weeks, which is of course way too many weeks for a month to have. The root of the problem is that Adobe is placing the extra week into January '24. This is causing a mismatch where if you want to look at P12 YoY (Jan '24 YoY), you will be comparing 6 weeks to 5 weeks in January '23, and this does not match the way our company reports in any other part of the business. See below for what it looks like in Adobe and at my company:

Fiscal 2023 in Adobe

Feb '23 - 4 weeks

Mar '23 - 4 weeks

Apr' 23 - 5 weeks

May '23 - 4 weeks

June '23 - 4 weeks

July '23 - 5 weeks

Aug '23 - 4 weeks

Sep '23 - 4 weeks

Oct '23 - 5 weeks

Nov '23 - 4 weeks

Dec '23 - 4 weeks

Jan '24 - 6 weeks (extra week placed here)

Fiscal 2023 Internally to my company

Feb '23 - 4 weeks

Mar '23 - 4 weeks

Apr' 23 - 5 weeks

May '23 - 4 weeks

June '23 - 4 weeks

July '23 - 5 weeks

Aug '23 - 4 weeks

Sep '23 - 4 weeks

Oct '23 - 5 weeks

Nov '23 - 4 weeks

Dec '23 - 5 weeks (extra week placed here)

Jan '24 - 5 weeks

I've tried everything in the custom calendar settings to move the week into December '23, with the start date of 2/4/2024 for the new year. I even worked with Adobe support and Adobe engineers. I don't think this is an issue that they can resolve out without changing the calendar setting options for everyone. There is just not setting in the custom calendar to move the week to a specific month.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so have you discovered any potential solutions?

The only current fix I can think of is creating custom date ranges for the periods we want to report on, so that I can manually include the extra week into December and exclude it from January. This works, but it will be a risk to assume the rest of my company who uses Adobe will use my custom date ranges and not just select all the weeks in January (including the extra week) when building a report.

Let me know thoughts, I am very curious if this issue has been seen before and if there was a unique resolution or if the consensus is that there needs to be a significant amount of users experiencing this to go in and change a custom calendar setting.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I suspect that you will have to use custom date ranges

While I don't use Fiscal Calendars, you are right, the settings are a bit limited.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I suspect that you will have to use custom date ranges

While I don't use Fiscal Calendars, you are right, the settings are a bit limited.