Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe analytics: Unspecified on Page URL/Page name while tracking works

Level 1

I was wondering if someone could help me with my workspace.

I am getting a lot of page name / page URL that are unspecified (as occurences/visits/page view).

Tracking is working fine so I'm wondering from where it does come from a timing problem ?

I've attached the screenshot here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1459479_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are looking at an evar and its occurrences. For each server call where the value has not been set or not persisting, it will show up as unspecified. You will need to the evar instances instead to get the right data, or check your implementation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

My first guess would be that these are s.tl calls that don't fire a pageName. If you drop Page Views in this report next to Occurrences, what happens on the "unspecified" line?

Level 2

this happens to me on visits. 

Does that mean there are visits where no page name evar has been set?  

Level 3

Did you ever find out what causes this? I have a similar issue with unspecified page eVars on page views.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are looking at an evar and its occurrences. For each server call where the value has not been set or not persisting, it will show up as unspecified. You will need to the evar instances instead to get the right data, or check your implementation.

Level 1

I'm sorry but I am not sure to understand the last sentence where it seems you are explaining the solution.

Would you mind explain again please ?

Thanks

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, yes it does as explained in my initial message.

Thank you.