Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Python API

Former Community Member

Hi,

When I using Python to connect Adobe Analytics to download the data, there always some metrics or elements couldn't be found. Like I tried to download the 'Time Spent on Page' and 'Previous Pages' which are available in Data Warehouse, but it always showed 'cannot find in available elements'. I don't understand why this happened. Is this because of some limitation of Adobe API or some other reasons? Did anyone face the same issue? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There may be some differences in metric available, but I would first verify do you have the API query pulling the correct name for the metrics you are missing? Use this reference to check what variables are available as well as find what they are called exactly.

https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/documentation/analytics-reporting-1-4/whatsnew

Valid Element and Metric Combinations | Adobe Developer Connection

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There may be some differences in metric available, but I would first verify do you have the API query pulling the correct name for the metrics you are missing? Use this reference to check what variables are available as well as find what they are called exactly.

https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/documentation/analytics-reporting-1-4/whatsnew

Valid Element and Metric Combinations | Adobe Developer Connection

Former Community Member

Thank you for your reply! I think the metric name is correct. The part I don't understand is I can find 'Previous Page' in Data Warehouse, but I cannot find this element when I using the API to download it. So if I want to get the 'Previous Page' information, what should I do?