Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Power BI Connector Issue

Level 1

Hi,

Currently, I try the first time the possbilities of Adobe Analytics Data in PowerBi. But if I try to connect Adobe Analytics with PowerBi via the connector I get always the following message "Expression.Error: Start and end parameters must be of type Date or Datetime.". What I have to change in PowerBi, do you know?

TimoSt1_0-1707829148800.png

Kind regards,

Timo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, I figured... it's just that the error seems to be around the dates provided "not being in date format".

What about the Date Format in Adobe? Maybe the error is coming from from there? And you have to match whatever date format is set up in your Adobe, rather than the date format in PBI?

The error message isn't very helpful right now in explaining why it thinks the dates aren't in date format, or what format it expects....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't us Power BI, but could the issue be the formatting of your dates?

Have you tried MM/DD/YYYY format?

DD.MM.YYYY isn't really a "standard" date format that I've seen.. unless you've changed the settings in Power BI, it's possible that it just doesn't understand that format? It may even be that custom date settings in Power BI don't work in that interface?

Level 1

Hi Jennifer,

First of all, thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, the date format is not the reason for. The selected format is local setting (in my case German) of PBI. But, if I set that to another format (e.g. Englisch US) it don't fix it and the message is still the same.

KR,

Timo

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, I figured... it's just that the error seems to be around the dates provided "not being in date format".

What about the Date Format in Adobe? Maybe the error is coming from from there? And you have to match whatever date format is set up in your Adobe, rather than the date format in PBI?

The error message isn't very helpful right now in explaining why it thinks the dates aren't in date format, or what format it expects....