Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Analytics API

Level 2

Good afternoon everyone! 

Hope this post finds you well.

Was there any change made to the Adobe Analytics API? We usually get our files from the FTP server and multiple columns are suddenly coming as arrays [], even though it only has one item. For example: itemId => itemIds.

Or this has nothing to do with the API and perhaps a change from our end that I'm unaware?

Cheers,

Tiago

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

API
12 Replies

Community Advisor

I can't imagine that Adobe would make a major change like that without a lot of warning, since that would break most processes to read the information....

Do you know what type of dimensions are impacted?

If they are props, they may have had "enable list" changed by your team?

I cannot think of any other change that might cause such a behaviour. I would check with your team first to rule out internal changes that could affect your APIs, then if nothing was changed, I think a ticket to Client Care would be your best bet for them to do a deeper dive into this.

However, posting here hopefully will see if others are seeing the same problem that would indicate a change on the Adobe side.....

Level 2

We are having that issue also, with no changes to our codebase.  The response from the API has these new arrays so it isn't on our end.

Community Advisor

Oh,, well that's not good. Thank you for sharing... it's odd that this sort of major change wasn't communicated.... maybe it was done in error?

This definitely should be a ticket to Client Care then... 

Level 2

Just submitted a ticket through the Admin Console.  Hopefully they can figure it out.

Community Advisor

I hope so too... if we had any active APIs running, I would also log a ticket to make sure there was more representation, but without a before/after sample I won't be much help in this instance.

I will keep monitoring this thread, please post any updates that you get on the issue, in case someone else arrives looking for information.

Level 1

Same for us, CC: @Jennifer_Dungan 

I created workspaces a long time ago, and some data engineers debugged the workspaces to get the JSON required to extract data withthe API. They use some python script to extract the workspace data - that failed over the weekend despite no changes to my workspace or a code change from our engineers. 

Looking at the documentation here: Reporting API (adobe.com) in the "response parameters" section near the bottom I think it could be an issue with "rows" - see screenshot below. Our engineers shared that we used to receive 3 (itemID, value, data) and now we receive 5 (itemID, value, data, itemIDs, values... the last two are plural with an s on the end). We're a little unclear since we hadn't debugged this before but we think it's the addition of the new parameters causing the failure. 

I don't have permissions to open a client care ticket but I'm surfacing the issue to our MarTech team who can. 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 115225.png

Community Advisor

This is very good info to share, thank you @ericdemarse

I don't see any specific API items in the current release notes (unless they are buried in one of the "general fix" tickets)....

However, it's a good catch that you saw 5 parameters instead of the normal 3... that's a likely reason behind the failure, and it's not even documented officially yet....

Level 1

I suspect this was rather a short term error, although I could not see any status issues.

We also have some api 2.0 processes, and we were seeing connection time out without any error. The API just stopped sending responses and eventually timed out.

This afternoon it seems better again, but I will update if that changes.

Level 2

The API is still reporting the same fields and has not been addressed.  I just ran a request to the API to make sure.

Level 2

Latest reply from Support: 

The fix is pushed to prod. Additional fields `itemIds` and `values` are removed from the response in traditional analytics.

Level 2

hi,

there was indeed a change made today, however, it's not the same as it was before. itemID disappeared for instance. it is now "data", the rest seem to be the same