Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How do some non-admin users have "write access" to others workspace projects?

v-tiwri
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I've been browsing the "ideas" forum, and stumbled across a post requesting that users have READ only access to other's workspace projects. This is the opposite issue we have -- we request non-Admin users to have WRITE access to other's workspace projects, since right now everything is ALREADY read-only. I'm confused how some Adobe account users are requesting "read only" access which means they already have "write-access" feature enabled, whereas in our instance users only have "Read-only" access.  The only users who have write-access to others projects in our account are Admin users. All other non-Admin users only have read-access.

See below screenshot of our account when I log in as a "user" role and not an Admin. There is no option to save over the original version of a workspace, there's only an option to save as a copy. This means users only have read-access, and do not have the ability to edit/write over the original copy:

1472577_pastedImage_0.png

Here is a link to idea posted to solve this problem: Workspace: Ability for users to grant "read OR write access" of workspace projects & components ...

Any help understanding how its possible for some accounts to have write-access, and how do we get this enabled for our account will be helpful

Thank you!

0 Replies