Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

External Campaings

Level 2

Hi,

We have separated campaigns for Display, for example, display_1 or display_2. When I access External Campaigns report, only appears the information about display_1.

I looked in the ObservePoint and the display_2 is firing correctly, but for one reason the information doesn't appear in the External Campaigns report or any report in Adobe, Why this happens? and how Can I fix it?

Thanks

4 Replies

Community Advisor

How have you defined the URLs for the 2 different campaign IDs?

Can you show the 2 different query string ends (no full URL to save privacy) to allow us to see a potential error?

Also I really recommend you learn to use the Network tab/console in the browser as that way you can see exactly parameters that actually populated the beacon call on any page.

Level 2

The URL is the same (the URL's client) the end is when change, for example the website is www.houseblack.com and an ending

display__XXXX-Low-xxxxxx-Creative_21178868_4701911_221684388_0_XXX-XX18_56 or display__XXX-Mid- xxxxxx -Creative_21158110_4701911_221508218_0_XXX-XX18_571, the end its defined depends on different client's goals.

"Also I really recommend you learn to use the Network tab/console in the browser as that way you can see exactly parameters that actually populated the beacon call on any page" what do you mean with that, Are you talking about Omnibug?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Its similar to Omnibug, but I like it as its part of browser and also sometimes when looking at console output it gives you details you could miss from omnibug.

The IDs #2 has a potential issue as you have spaces in it. Sometimes URL encoding of such an ID can break it populating.

If you use the network tab and then see evar 1 or s.campaign variable you would see if it indeed was getting excluded even though the page loads.

Also take a look at this response I gave on another similar issue. I think you can hugely simplify your Marketing ID structures, add multiple layers of data for each ID yet have simple ID numbers. SAINT classifications is such an undervalued component to help marketers. Imagine being able to on a page attribute marketing for either/both internal/external marketing efforts yet have tiny ID URLs, even have updates take effect retroactively if data was incorrectly associated.

Track Additional Attributes In Adobe Analytics

Regards

Level 3

Hi -

Please check the tracking code report (Campaigns ---> Tracking code ---->. Tracking code) if the both camp ids are capturing our there...