Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger issue with Scandinavian characters

Level 2

Hi

I am testing things and I noticed that page loads where the Adobe Analytics Pagename variable contains the ö-character are not shown in the AEC Debugger Network tab.I have not tested other Scandinavian characters, but suspect identical behavior.

The pagename with the ö does show correctly in all AA reports.

Does somebody know if this is a known bug? It is probably a recommended best practice not to use special characters in pagenames.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

What's the page URL you are using? As in my test it showing the results.

Employee

Hi darkstar, thanks for letting us know. This is not a known bug. I'll file a ticket to look at this. In relation to Ankits question, can you provide the page URL you're debugging? This will help us troubleshoot.

Level 2

Hi

URL is Henkilöasiakkaat

Pagename in Adobe Analytics is:

Henkilöasiakkaat - fi-fi/Henkiloasiakkaat/

The Chrome Omnibug extension also has difficulties in resolving the scandinavian 'ö'-character. It gives for the pagename:

Henkil%u00F6asiakkaat - fi-fi/Henkiloasiakkaat/

Employee

Hi Darkstar,

We're working on this ticket now, but when I visit the URL I don't see Adobe Analytics deployed. There are some JS errors on the page, that may be impacting Adobe Analytics ability to fire. Can you look into this?

This page does have Adobe Analytics deployed and has Scandinavian characters in "Page Name" on the network tab. Right now, this doesn't seem to be a bug: https://www.svd.se/ny-miljardbot-for-royal-bank-of-scotland