Expand my Community achievements bar.

Campaign Parameters for Google Ads

Level 2

Hi, we use campaign tagging parameters to create UTMs to flow into Adobe. I recently noticed for our Google Ads campaigns that you can see our campaign name parameter (kftna_market_keywords_2023) but then it also includes the campaign name shown in Google Ads (shown below in the photo). You can see when it just shows the utm campaign name parameter we have very little traffic. Do we still need to create UTMs for Adobe or why is it pulling the Google Campaign name with the parameter?

Google Ads + Adobe.png

2 Replies

Level 1

Hi @macykl, did you use the final URL Suffix or did you put the URL Parameter to the link directly? I use the suffix and don't face this problem. 

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9054021?hl=en&ref_topic=6273775&sjid=686548761052961971...

Level 2

Thank you! We have since solved the problem.

The issue for the double tagging was that the Google Ad tracking template got enabled, but we previously created URLs with UTMs for the final URL for each ad group. Therefore, duplicate tracking was occurring - from our UTMs we created and Google's tracking template. We are now using the tracking template only and added script for the campaign name, ad group, and keyword to pull in dynamically.