Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workfront Proof not showing thumbnails

Level 1

I've used Workfront Proof for 5 years, but within the last 3 months, it doesn't show thumbnails for more than half my proofs. I've never had this issue in the past. I'm on a Mac Studio (os Monterey 12.3.1). It happens in Safari and Chrome, but they are different proofs that have and don't have thumbnails, so it's not consistent between the browsers. Other Mac users at my company are having the same issue, but they are missing only about 20% of their thumbnails as opposed to my 50-60% missing.

*update - checked with my team members on PCs, one in Europe, 2 in Mexico City and one in Buenos Aires, happening to all of them too.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I had to submit a ticket for this last May. At that time, I was told that the WF profile was "out of sync" with the Proof profile.

Quoting from that ticket, the fix recommended to us was to have the admin, "re-sync those profiles by dropping user's Workfront access level down to External > Save > then move back to the license [I think they mean to say access level] they currently have and this re-syncs his/her account."

If this doesn't work, I recommend your authorized service contact, contact the helpdesk and have them help you evaluate your settings (this was the other recommendation they made)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi, The first thing I'd do is flush cache and hard reload if you're on Chrome. Then try to find similarities between the documents that have a thumbnail and what doesn't. Also check 2 different browsers side by side. If you can get to the point where you can say all documents that have "this thing" in common don't show thumbnails, then you can figure out what's causing it.

If it's repeatable, it's probably fixable. I know it may seem random but it probably isn't… unless of course it's due to a redraw issue because the connection is timing out (during thumbnail creation or redraw). Since the introduction of NWE, Workfront has been plagued by redraw and timeout issues so that is a known problem. Good Luck!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I had to submit a ticket for this last May. At that time, I was told that the WF profile was "out of sync" with the Proof profile.

Quoting from that ticket, the fix recommended to us was to have the admin, "re-sync those profiles by dropping user's Workfront access level down to External > Save > then move back to the license [I think they mean to say access level] they currently have and this re-syncs his/her account."

If this doesn't work, I recommend your authorized service contact, contact the helpdesk and have them help you evaluate your settings (this was the other recommendation they made)

Level 7

+1 to this response

I was given the same instructions for a different proof issue and it worked in our case.

Level 10

It sounds like this may be what happened to us yesterday. When you clicked Open Proof, it just refreshed the page and no one could get to any proofs. It miraculously fixed itself (so we're told) but I'm gonna remember this solution.