Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Workfront Proof is adding +112973 to a user email address, why does this happen?

Level 3

We are doing some user clean up in our system. We are using Workfront Proof integrated with Workfront. In some cases we have had duplicate emails and noticed that workfront proof is adding +112973 to one of the emails (usually when there is a guest and a user account).

We have some that won't resolve even after deleting both in Workfront Proof, then going back to Workfront and deactivating and reactivating the user. When we reactivate it is adding them back with the number even though they are the only one showing in Workfront Proof. Anyone have an idea on how ot resolve without deleting the user in Workfront?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

we had this happen to us when we merged with another company. The other company was using workfront and proof as well, so their email addresses replicated into our workfront as a guest account. My understanding from talking to the helpdesk is that to repopulate them as a user in your workfront, you would need to delete their user account in the other instance. But I know there's also a little finagling involved since the proof profiles get recreated any time to you pull up an old proof that has them tagged in there somehow.

The long and short story is to probably contact the helpdesk and work through it carefully since it can be frustrating if you start randomly deleting people, to have them reappear.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

we had this happen to us when we merged with another company. The other company was using workfront and proof as well, so their email addresses replicated into our workfront as a guest account. My understanding from talking to the helpdesk is that to repopulate them as a user in your workfront, you would need to delete their user account in the other instance. But I know there's also a little finagling involved since the proof profiles get recreated any time to you pull up an old proof that has them tagged in there somehow.

The long and short story is to probably contact the helpdesk and work through it carefully since it can be frustrating if you start randomly deleting people, to have them reappear.