Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Why does timesheets shake violently when the browser is fullscreen on a large display?

Level 1

Every time I open workfront and go to timesheets on my windows 11 pc using Google Chrome, it appears to shake violently. 

It looks like the 2 scrollbars keep appearing and disappearing. It occurs until I change the width of my browser to around 50% of my monitor width.

It's been happening for a month or 2.  It's a very distracting UI bug, that I hope someone is going to fix.

I have attached a couple screenshots of what keeps switching, between 1-small_scrollbar.png and 2-full_screen_scrollbar.png.
It seems like it can't decide whether to use the fullscreen browser scrollbar or the one for the timesheet table.  Please fix this, so I don't get epilepsy.  3 months ago the site didn't used to do this.  There was some change pushed out that broke this.

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Is your browser zoomed in or out (i.e. browser zoom is not set to 100%)?

Level 1

The browser isn't zoomed in at all.  It's set to 100%.

I checked my display resolution settings, in case that helps.

3840 x 2160 with a scale of 175%.

Community Advisor

If you've cleared your cache and cookies, and this does not get rid of the shaking, I would suggest you submit a case to Workfront Support. They're more likely to fix it if it's not a zooming issue.

Level 1

It seems to only happen on my large monitor, when I have my browser set to full screen, or if I do the aero-snap to maximize the window size with hotkeys (i.e. windows key + up).  If I decrease the width or height of the browser window it seems to stop shaking, so I'm guessing it's either caused by some custom javascript (most likely) that is used on the page, or it's due to some CSS that's not handling some breakpoint issues properly (i.e. 'responsive' design, that wasn't tested at this resolution).

(I have included screenshots in the original post for comparison).

Level 6

I was getting the same issue, but changing the zoom fixed it. Even if I just went up and down back to where I started. 110% zoom is worst level for this.

Level 5

Good to know! This was happening for one of my users as well on one specific dashboard. He said it wasn't a big deal because he didn't really use that part of the dashboard. I'll have to check in to see if this fixes it.

Community Advisor

I've noticed it before in the resource planner. It's definitely something to do with a script running in the background or something. I've honestly just ignored it hoping it would get better and I haven't seen or noticed it in a while so it likely comes and goes. A support ticket is your best option to get it resolved or help troubleshoot it.

Level 1

Thanks for the tips everyone!  I tried logging into workfront from a different computer and didn't run into that issue at all there, so I think it's something to do with:
1. Either Javascript running some custom script that I assume is deciding whether or not to display one of the 2 scrollbars (I'm assuming it's the fullscreen one).

2. CSS breakpoints for responsive design aren't configured quite properly for every resolution/zoom scale, i.e. with responsive design webpages look a little different at different resolutions, so users will get a custom-tailored experience that will make the best use of their screen real-estate based on their screen size.

Community Advisor

I'm not sure if you know we're all customers like you. If you want this looked at, probably would be better to submit a case to Support.