Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why an I getting "Assigned to Project" messages when I'm not?

Level 6

Hi all,

I'm getting email notifications saying "This project you are assigned to is now: ACTIVE", but I'm not on the project. I'm a Sys Admin so can see all areas.

I've checked the following: Project sharing (people and groups), project sponsor, resource manager, assignments, people area, subscription, program and portfolio sharing, company members. 

Thanks, Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

On the Tasks or the People section -- is it possible that you're using a filter and have filtered your task or yourself out?

Is it possible that something is assigned to a team, and you are part of the team?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

On the Tasks or the People section -- is it possible that you're using a filter and have filtered your task or yourself out?

Is it possible that something is assigned to a team, and you are part of the team?

Level 6

Thanks for you suggestion. I don't know how I originally missed it, but yes, I had left a filter on and it was in the people section. School boy error.

@NicholeVargas thanks also for taking the time to reply. It was originating from the template, so I've removed that and problem should be saved. Unoffical "Correct Reply" for you

Employee Advisor

It is likely the email notification for "A project I'm on becomes active" which is triggered when a project moves from Planning to Current/Active and you are part of the project team. Like Skye mentioned below, any user who is listed under the People tab of that project will be notified, if they have that email notification activated in their profile.

If you do see your name listed, you can easily remove it, but I would also recommend that you check to see if the project was created from a template. If the template has your name listed in the People tab, then any project created using that template will make you part of the project team, and a notification will be triggered. So if you are not needing to be on the project team for that template (and any others) be sure to remove yourself!