Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Who Marked Task Complete Report

Level 4
I'm looking at creating a task report that shows who marked that task complete. Wondering if anyone has ideas about a field I could pull. I haven't been able to find anything that works. The goal of this report is to find users that are relying on the project manager to mark a task complete rather than completing it themselves. Thanks! Jonathon Engelien Best Buy
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jonathon, Although not always the case, whomever closed a Task is usually also the person in the Last Updated By field. So, by Filtering for Closed Tasks (e.g. within the past week), Grouping by Last Updated By (and optionally, Assigned To Name), and then Viewing the Project, Task, and Assigned To Name fields, you could see which PMs are closing Tasks, and for whom. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
I think you can get the results of the completed tasks from a "Notes" report with the following filter: auditText=Complete auditText_Mod=cicontains taskID_Mod=notblank Then you can pull in the Project Owner Name and Note Owner Name to see if they're a match.

Level 4
Thanks for the suggestions. Narayan - I'm having trouble building your report. When I use your filterings I don't get any results in my report. I'm not familiar with the Audit Text field, could you elaborate more on how that is used. Thanks! Jonathon Engelien Best Buy

Level 10
Sure... did you try adding this filter to a notes report as seen here?

Level 4
Yes, I built a notes report and then the following criteria: Jonathon Engelien Best Buy

Level 10
I may be able to do this b/c we have the Task > Status tracking enabled. Perhaps you don't have this on.

Level 4
Hmmmm...we do have that field on, but still doesn't seem to be working. Do you know more about what that Audit Text field is? Jonathon Engelien Best Buy

Level 10
It's where system-level notes are stored. However, these may not be exposed to reporting in all instances. I was hesitant to post that since reporting on this field seems inconsistent. I think Doug's reply is the most reliable.

Level 10
Oh I would love to get this report too, what a good idea. Neither of these solutions is working for me. Narayan, my text field is blank. I didn't have that status field checked (it is now, even though I have no idea what it does!). And the Last Updated By Name is very clearly not correct, I'm wondering if it refers to the Project and not the Task. The only task-level field I see is Last Updated by ID, but those gigantic number ID's are useless. Why oh why can't they translate the ID into words? Any other clever ideas? This would be an amazing report, as my current challenge is getting people to mark their tasks done at least within the vicinity of the time frame they've done them, and I have no way to know if the Project Managers are doing it for everyone -- my team is very loyal, they won't rat anybody out!! It's a great quality in people, but hard to track the actual completion dates and analyze where the bottlenecks are. Jill Ackerman

Level 10
We have something like this that is a dashboard on a project so people can see who completed tasks on the project. I have the same filter you do. Are you the system admin for your instance? Maybe that affects something. My report runs with my permissions so that might be while others can see the results. The Filters: The Example: (Sorry, about the example, it is my personal project for my homework.) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
And just to clarify, I don't normally display the audit text to my users. I just did that so that you guys can see that it is working correctly. ;) Anthony Imgrund FCB