Expand my Community achievements bar.

What's the key to predecessors automatically renumbering themselves if a task is removed?

Level 5

Or, put another way: It seems to work sometimes and sometimes not. I am trying to look up settings that may help, but mostly I want to see if there are tips/tricks people have used to minimize the manual overhead of retyping in a dozen or so predecessors each time tasks get moved around/added/deleted.

Thanks in advance as always,

Ryan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Curious about how the magic works as well…

Employee

Hi Ryan,

I asked support to see if they could send an answer and they said they'd need to see a little bit more information to dig in, so you might need to submit a case with more examples to dig in and they can help see where the magic comes from and explain things a bit more.

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 3

I believe there is a project level setting that causes this to happen. Since it only happens sometimes, I would suggest that it likely is only set on SOME projects and not others. I can't remember what that setting is and I am trying to find it myself.

Level 10

Please share back to us if you figure this out!