Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What is the difference between proof owner and proof author?

Level 7

We are creating an automatic proof workflow and the designer who is uploading the proof becomes the author when selecting the automatic workflow. The issue is that it is asking them to approve it. I know I can change the workflow template so the person who uploads it is listed as reviewer, but does that limit that person from doing things that typically an author can do? For example, add a new stage later or add a new version of the proof?

What is the difference between these two roles?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Author would generally be the person who created the proof.  Owner can be the same person or it can be different.

Imagine a scenario where an artist uploads a proof, they're the author.  A proof owner can be optionally assigned to someone else so that this person can assign people to the workflow / make decisions / etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Author would generally be the person who created the proof.  Owner can be the same person or it can be different.

Imagine a scenario where an artist uploads a proof, they're the author.  A proof owner can be optionally assigned to someone else so that this person can assign people to the workflow / make decisions / etc.