Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is the best way to move (connected) cards from one board to a different board?

Level 5

We have a basic board, with all cards connected to one project.

It has been decided to split up that current board, by moving tasks from the current project and board to new ones.

• Some tasks/cards will remain on the existing project and board
  • Some tasks/cards will move to a different (existing) project and board
  • Some tasks/card will move to a new project, and a new board that will be created for it

We need to make sure that we don't lose any data, or work that has happened to date. I've searched the community, but didn't come across anything about how to handle this. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks! Cathy

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 5

This is what I ended up doing. It's a little time consuming, but in the end it got the job done.

• Go the parent/connected project and select the task(s) that you wish to move to a different project
  • In More menu, select "Move to," enter the Destination Project. Move task.
  • Go to the board that is connected to the "new" project. In my case, the new card landed in my Intake column so I needed to move it to the correct column/status.
  • Go back to original board and find the card that was moved (it still shows there, but connected to the new project).
  • Open the card, Disconnect from the project.
  • Still on the original board, with the card closed, click on the three dots, then Delete (card).

There may be easier ways to accomplish this, but I was hesitant to try other things because we didn't want to risk losing any data.

The moved cards retained descriptions, assignments, comments and attached images. They did not retain the Tag, though.