Expand my Community achievements bar.

View report to see last usage (date and by whom)

Level 10
We're trying to clean up the views available to the users but we don't know what's being used and what's not. What I thought to do is to create a View report and see the last used date and by whom but I don't think I'm able to add these kinds of fields. Any thoughts on this one?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Level 5
This is data a lot of us would like to have. Unfortunately I don't believe these are stored in the current data model. On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM Polly Co < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > We're trying to clean up the views available to the users but we don't > know what's being used and what's not. What I thought to do is to create a > View report and see the last used date and by whom but I don't think I'm > able to add these kinds of fields. Any thoughts on this one? > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 10
Hi - I don’t think last date of usage is in the data model anywhere. I know it has last modified date, but I’ve never found last date of usage. Boy, we sure would like that information too. I have 900-plus reports and I bet we don’t use more than 150-200 of them. Thanks! Eric

Level 10
I've just submitted a feature request. I think that data will be useful to collect. We also have lots of other things that we'd like to be able to clean up (eg Custom forms) and the best way to know more whether things are getting used is by last usage date.

Level 5
For custom forms you can report on the object type of the forms (project, task, issue, etc) and group by category name (which is the primary custom form name). If you matrix by creation date you can get a good feel for usage of each form and which have been retired. If you have a few stragglers and still need the data, you could create a calculated field with a name like archive_values_custom_form_name and capture the value of any fields you need to save. You can also add a column to the custom fields view to see which fields are no longer on any forms and can be deleted. On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM Polly Co < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I've just submitted a feature request. I think that data will be useful to > collect. We also have lots of other things that we'd like to be able to > clean up (eg Custom forms) and the best way to know more whether things are > getting used is by last usage date. > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 10
Hi Polly, I logged a feature request for this back in March this year. I have just posted a comment on it asking for an update. If anyone else wants this, please sumbit a feature request too! Regards, David

Level 10
Hi Melinda, I see what you mean with the Object Type report, it does give you a sense of what's highly used, the only issue I have with this is that it doesn't report on the multi-form object. Cheers.

Level 5
bringing this post to life again as it is the only one I found discussing this issue, but without resolve. hoping maybe since it has been 3 years, there is now a solution for being able to see view usage. we would really like to clean this up. Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Community Advisor
Hi Michelle, Viewing report usage is definitely possible now. If you go to your list of reports, you can create a view that contains usage columns. I use Last Viewed Date, Last 10 Viewers, Views this Month, Views this Quarter, Views This Year, and Views Last Year. I also include columns for which dashboards the report is on, who created the report, who it is shared with, and when it was last updated. I also have another report that pulls in any report that hasn't been opened in the past year, grouped by who created it. I pull this report quarterly and send it to anyone who created a report that hasn't been used to see if we can delete it.

Level 5
@Heather Kulbacki does this work for views not reports? I can't figure out how to see who if anyone is using a view. Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Employee
Hi Michelle, Workfront pushed out a standard view awhile back - you should have it when you go in to your Reports section and in the View dropdown you should see an option for 'Report Usage'. I would contact support if you are not seeing this. Thanks, Sarah Sarah Nau

Community Advisor
I haven't seen where you can see who is using which views. Only reports.

Level 7

and three more years have gone by...  we all are aware of usage information for reports but does anyone know if it possible to see usage of custom filters, views, filters and groupings yet? 

PS the link above doesn't seem to work for me