Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Version a Document by someone other than the Owner

Level 2

We have a Proof in the documents tab of a project that was uploaded by Valerie, she is out of the office and we'd like Susan to save another version of that document. She's getting an error that says she doesn't have edit access. I tried sharing the doc with Susan - still no luck.

What do I need to do so that works?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Erika,

I suspect that the issue you are experiencing is because Susan isn't assigned a role on that proof which allows her to add new versions. Susan would need to be either an Author or a Moderator on the proof in order to be able to submit new versions.

You can change Susan's proofing role by going to the proofing workflow of that proof, and changing the value in the 'role' drop down menu to Author or Modertator. She should then be able to add new versions.

You can find more information on proof roles in this article here on Workfront One.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Community Advisor

If you're in integrated Workfront+Proof, check the user's Workfront profile and look for their proof permission settings. If they are set to Manager, they cannot upload a new proof version, so set them to supervisor.

Community Advisor

Hi Erika,

Just a bit of additional info here as two options have been provided which provide different outcomes . . .

Via my suggestion of adding Susan as either an Author or Moderator on that proof, Susan will be able to add additional versions to that proof alone, she will not have this access to other proofs in the system unless you add her as an Author or Moderator to those proofs too.

Via Skye's suggestion of changing the proof permission settings on Susan's user profile to Supervisor, Susan will then have the ability to supervise (including adding new versions of proofs) to all proofs in your Workfront instance. There will be no need to make her an author or moderator on individual proofs, she will automatically have supervisor access to all proofs.

Either option should help you overcome the issue with Susan creating another version of that proof, it just depends which is most appropriate to your organisation.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

These are both really good options to know! We'll have some internal conversations to understand the best option for different people on the team. Thanks & hope you enjoyed the holiday.

Erika