Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Using upload to create dropdown choices

Level 1

Is it possible to upload a file that will pull the column data into a dropdown choices?

I want to reference those drop down choices into a calculated field later in the form. Also if need to update those fields at a later date.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I'm not 100% sure if that's what you meant, but in a sense it is with help of Fusion.

Our use case is following:
we add/remove users to the system using Fusion, one of the details that come in with a new user (these are included in formatted CSV file) is Office name (location). Fusion lists all offices in new file, checks all options available in existing "Office name" dropdown and if there is any new office in the latest file it would add another entry. 

Ofcourse Office name field once it's in the system and assigned to users can be used in 100s of ways including in other custom forms, what we actually do.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

I'm not 100% sure if that's what you meant, but in a sense it is with help of Fusion.

Our use case is following:
we add/remove users to the system using Fusion, one of the details that come in with a new user (these are included in formatted CSV file) is Office name (location). Fusion lists all offices in new file, checks all options available in existing "Office name" dropdown and if there is any new office in the latest file it would add another entry. 

Ofcourse Office name field once it's in the system and assigned to users can be used in 100s of ways including in other custom forms, what we actually do.