Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Users remaining in the People tab after being removed from project tasks

Level 4

One of my users asked why some projects were being listed in their view while it was filtered for "Projects I'm on," but they never worked on the project.  Upon review, it looks like they were put on to a task initially, but then removed, but the remained in the "People" tab on the project.  I'm guessing that's why the project is still showing on their list.  Is there a way to configure Workfront where they are automatically removed from the People tab if they are not listed on any of the tasks?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've always had to go to the People tab and manually remove them, even after they were removed from tasks. I think this is probably by design. If you have Fusion, you could automate it but that's probably more work than it's worth.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've always had to go to the People tab and manually remove them, even after they were removed from tasks. I think this is probably by design. If you have Fusion, you could automate it but that's probably more work than it's worth.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Community Advisor

This is something that frustrates me! I actually have an Idea for People to dynamically update based on task assignments if you can please upvote it! https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/people-tab-of-a-project-to-dynamica... 

Something else to check that helps is in your templates, if you have people at the template level you can remove from People tab so they don't continue to show in new projects you create from templates.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

I have automated this exact situation using Fusion, but AFAIK there isn't a way to do it with Workfront automatically.

Level 1

Hi Chris, it was great knowing that you have automated this process using Fusion.

I'm trying to remove project users based on certain business criteria and I'm able to extract the project user information for individual project but not able to remove them. 

Are you using a custom API call to remove project users, or it was available in Fusion which I may have overlooked?

Community Advisor

Yes, that can be frustrating for sure. Workfront has a detailed explanation here. If you don't care if that user is still on completed tasks, you can go to the People tab first and remove them from the team, which removes them from incomplete tasks at the same time. That's one of the checks I do before flipping a project to active.