Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

User Setup Federation ID problem

Level 10

Every time I edit a user who is not on SSO, or who is being set up for the first time and the Federation ID is blank, it automatically populates with MY email address. If I don't remember to fix this every time I edit someone, they can't login  properly. Does anybody else have this -- ie is it only me and I should put in a ticket, or is this a universal thing and I have to live with it?

Thanks for info, before I open a ticket on this thing that has been haunting me for years that I've been too lazy to address (until today when my boss couldn't login because his Federation ID had my email  address in it)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it's a chrome thing, which I've only been able to get around by using an incognito window. Super annoying.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You're not alone in experiencing this problem, Jill. Annoying right?!

I suspect that this is a universal thing that you have to live with, but I'm going to follow this thread in case any of the Workfront Ninja's in this community can offer any insight! 

Level 10

I've just made it a habit to put their email address in the federated ID box anyway. They don't really use it but at least it doesn't add my address as a default.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it's a chrome thing, which I've only been able to get around by using an incognito window. Super annoying.

Level 10

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 10.38.05 am.jpg

or you could just enter any old email address as long as it's unique "dummyaddress+1@gmail.com", "dummyaddress+2@gmail.com", etc.

Level 10

But that is a universal thing. I don't want Chrome to stop autofilling all the things I use in my whole life. This field should not have auto-fill permissions at all, it's rarely the person's email address who is editing the user profile and it should only be admins mucking about that field. I put in a ticket.

Level 10

I can't think of a good way they could do that programmatically. it would just be easier to put the users email address in there once and then never worry about it again. Easy fix.

Community Advisor

It is your browser trying to autofill that info. I have to remove it too. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )