Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

User experience after migrating to Adobe Admin Console?

Level 5

Hi,

We are beginning discussions within internal governance about migrating Workfront authentication into the Adobe admin console. For those who made the change, what was your users' overall experience?

Reason I ask: Currently, authentication into Workfront is instantaneous. If you're logged in via CVS/Aetna VPN, SSO authentication happens without the user needing to do a thing. If you don't have an account, you have an account provisioned via auto-provisioning. Depending upon parameters set in Azure, the user is assigned basic user access/layout template/etc. via Fusion. 

My fear: This is going to confuse all of our users. Yes yes, we would plan to have comms for weeks ahead of the transition. Yes, we would mention it during any meeting involving Workfront. But as everyone knows, you can lead a user to an announcement but you can't make him read.

Please let us know that it will be okay. #joking #actuallynotjoking

-j

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Our security is so rigid at my company I can't even have other systems talk to Fusion to do integrations (no-built connectors, nada) unless its behind our SAML/SSO {Fusion doesn't support SAML/SSO}.  I'm excited for the admin console move to relief this issue for me, however, we have one global group that controls the admin console for the Adobe products (basically the CC products) and they don't know what Workfront is so it will likely have an impact to us as we have 10 different groups with 10 different Workfront instances in our company.  OH boy!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Curious what others say here. I'm hoping to delay the whole 'unified experience' as long as possible for my org because most of my users DON'T have other Adobe products that they use and I don't want it to be confusing for us (we're SSO too). Wish it could be a user-level opt-in, where my Creative team, for example who all use Creative Cloud, could opt for the unified experience layout and others who only use WF don't have their layout changed.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Our security is so rigid at my company I can't even have other systems talk to Fusion to do integrations (no-built connectors, nada) unless its behind our SAML/SSO {Fusion doesn't support SAML/SSO}.  I'm excited for the admin console move to relief this issue for me, however, we have one global group that controls the admin console for the Adobe products (basically the CC products) and they don't know what Workfront is so it will likely have an impact to us as we have 10 different groups with 10 different Workfront instances in our company.  OH boy!

Level 10

I agree. We're in the same boat. I fear how it will affect my service accounts not being able to log in directly as they are not real people and have no SSO permissions. If they kill our service accounts, we're as good as gone. Getting folks to log into WF is hard enough as it is and here they go making it easier for themselves but WAY harder for customers.

Level 4

@Madalyn_Destafney @Kurt_Jones @RandyRoberts how have your experiences been thus far? We only just had our introductory call with the migration team this week. Anything you wish you knew sooner? Any tips on communicating to your users? Like Kurt, we have an overall Adobe account with a team that runs the admin console, while we in Marketing are the sole users (and administrators) of Workfront with no internal support team. Which I guess means I'm the internal support team. Now there's a scary thought! Appreciate any tips and tricks you can provide.

Community Advisor

Jaye - we've moved our Fusion, that was pretty straight-forward with no issues and only a couple of us are admins there.  At JPMC we have about 10 orgs on 10 Workfront instances, two of them have moved their Workfront which they told me went fairly easy with no issues.  Many of our users have bookmarks/links to their instance and they'll continue to use.  When they do that, it pops the Adobe login page asking for your email address, they input, and for most it will take them into Home in Workfront.

Those teams sent email comms letting users know when change would occur and what to expect but nothing more and users seemed to be fine with that.

For you as an admin you'll have an admin console link to your product profile and basically won't see much other than ability to add/remove users.  You would add users from there going forward but still need to go into Workfront to finish their profile, like layout template, custom forms, access levels, etc.

Community Advisor

I have not been involved with a migration. Glad to hear from Kurt that it doesn’t seem as daunting as I have it in my head to be.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )