Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Updating Custom forms

Level 1

If updating a custom form will it change them for existing projects using the forms or are they already locked in once converted and the changes will only effect new requests/uses?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it will change them. If you add a new field, it will show on all existing projects. If you delete a field, it will disappear. If you delete the form, the form will disappear from all existing objects. Please don't hesitate to test in your preview sandbox (yourdomain.preview.workfront.com) so you can see the full impacts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it will change them. If you add a new field, it will show on all existing projects. If you delete a field, it will disappear. If you delete the form, the form will disappear from all existing objects. Please don't hesitate to test in your preview sandbox (yourdomain.preview.workfront.com) so you can see the full impacts.

Community Advisor

If you are needing to change a field from one type to another and don't want to lose historical data, I've been through this a few times (for example, you want to change an open text form field to a dropdown, so therefore can't just revise the existing form field). Here's what I recommend:
1. Create your new form field you want in the form (maybe in an admin only section so your other users can't see it yet)

2. Create a report that shows your existing field next to your new form field (which will all show blank for the new field's column)

3. Transfer your old info to new info on its respective object in each line of the report (or can do in bulk for any where new answer is the same). You'll need to know how far back you want to go, maybe info years ago isn't relevant anymore.

4. Move your new custom form field out of the admin-only view, and now you can safely delete the old field.

If you find this helpful, go ahead and mark this solution correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )