Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unlock Locked fields in a report or a view

Level 2

Morning all,

Wondered if anyone could help me out with an issue.

Tried to create a view in the NWE for a portfolio, where if needs be you could easily change the program the project belongs to.

Looks like that field is locked.

Tried to create it in a report, but again, that field is locked.

The team that asked for it, would regularly move projects from one program to the other.

Please can you help me out?

Many thanks,

Csengi

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

NWE
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

To do that you would need to use text mode for a collection in your program report something like:

displayname=Projects in the Program

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(projects).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=name

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps. Mollie

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hey,

So I did a project report that was pulling in all of our projects and the program associated with it. You're right, you can edit or change the program ON the field BUT, if you click on a checkbox and click the pencil to edit, it bring up the details of that project where you can change the program.

I hope that helps. I'm not sure if you can edit that field on the report so easily.

Level 6

Hi,

If you do a Program type report and add the Portfolio Name via text mode (Portfolio ID is only available without text mode) you can edit the program name inline.

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=portfolio:name

querysort=portfolio:name

textmode=true

valuefield=portfolio:name

valueformat=HTML

-Mollie

Level 2

Hi Mollie,

brilliant, that seems like it did the trick. Thank you.

How would I modify this to be able to see the list of the projects sitting inside that portfolio? And still have the ability to see the programs as well.

Many thanks,

Csengi

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

To do that you would need to use text mode for a collection in your program report something like:

displayname=Projects in the Program

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(projects).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=name

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps. Mollie

Level 2

Hi Mollie,

You are a star!!

We are so close :)

Could we somehow get the projects to show up as individual lines? At the moment they are all nested.

Many thanks,

csengi

Level 6
Hi Csengi, That's the thing about collections; they can't be individual lines. It's a one to many relationship between programs and projects. I don't know of any other way to show it. -Mollie Mollie Shatek, PMP M +1 303 204 3000 **Click HERE<> to enter a Workfront Help/ Change/ New or Modified User Request**