Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unarchiving Proofs

Level 3
Hello, We're having some trouble with un-archiving proofs. Once we click to un-archive, it would take a few minutes but now it's not pulling them up at all. Is anyone else having this issue or know what we might be able to do? Thank you, Marisol Campos Marisol Campos Creative
21 Replies

Level 4
What browser are you using? We've discovered that clicking Unarchive while using Safari will not work. We always have to use Chrome to unarchive. Chris Watson KVH Industries, Inc.

Level 3
We're both using Chrome :/ Marisol Campos Creative

Level 7
This happens to use somewhat frequently, if it truly never unarchives the only solution is to create a help desk ticket. Something is wrong with the archiving / unarchiving function sometimes and its manifested when archived content in PHQ loses sync in WF. The help desk people should be able to reestablish this connection. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 3
Thanks Richard, I went to go check on the proof and it opened. As good as that is, I'm concerned that if we have a pressing due date, and we need files immediately -- this should not be an issue :/ Thank you and I'll definitely report this to WF, hopefully this is just a glitch. Thanks again, Marisol Marisol Campos Creative

Level 7
We have shared the same concerns :). We have a bunch of projects which we havent touched in a while and if someone decides those are important again I hope that the unarchiving goes smoothly. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 2
We're having the same problem. I've had a file unarchiving for well over an hour now. Still waiting Thanks, Shannon Chadwick

Level 10
As the others have mentioned, I think there is an overall issue that Workfront Engineering needs to work on. When unarchiving, it takes a really long time. My teams know to contact myself and Kathy when they hit archive and we put in a ticket to our Assigned Support Engineer. He is able to do something on the back-end that unarchives it right away so my user doesn't have to wait an hour for it to do its things on its known. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
Shameless plug: https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z0000004VwnAAE/detail We have projects that go idle for longer than the auto-archive timeline allows. So while a project is still active and being worked, documents can get archived. I'm not sure what the value of archiving really is; do archived documents NOT count towards our storage limits? Regardless, I'd appreciate the ability to specify how long something can sit, untouched, before it gets archived. I imagine that would be a company or portfolio setting. Rick MacDuffie Symetra Life Insurance Company

Level 7
We (support) maybe might possibly theoretically could potentially change the auto-archive date for the entire company. (It's an account setting, not a user setting.) That would, of course, require a request into Support. I may possibly have set the date for a couple of my customers to 180d... Just saying... it might potentially could possibly theoretically may be possible. ;) Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 4
I may have, quite possibly, unbelievably, undeniably submitted the most bestest request to extend the auto-archive schedule for my instance to 180 days. :) Thanks for the info @Dustin Martin ! Rick MacDuffie Symetra Life Insurance Company

Level 7
What functionality does it archive function bring? If it means that archived assets don't count against your storage total can we be provided the option to disable this function entirely. Our overall storage concerns are of relative lesser importance than the ability to reliably call up our content. Maybe we would be willing to take the storage 'hit' in order to have better performance. Is it possible to disable the Archive function entirely? Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 7
Glad to hear Rick! =) Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 7
Hey Richard, Our help article goes a bit more in-depth on it: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Archiving-in-Workfront-Proof-1080379924 The short version is it helps organization of documents in your instance. I've never deactivated it (there isn't an option to disable it as far as I'm aware , but I could be wrong...) for a customer. I've only ever set it to 180d. Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 7
Archived proofs: Appear only in the Archived proofs view of the Views page (see "How to Tell if a Proof is Archived" below) Remain in your account indefinitely (unless they are deleted) Can be unarchived by anyone at any time (including reviewers who are not Workfront Proof users) Do count towards your storage limit Lock automatically when they are auto-archived Can be locked or unlocked when being manually archived Dustin, We're not really reaping any benefit from the archive function, sometimes it feels like more like a hurdle that must be overcome and it can come at the wrong time. If there's any way that you could look into the possibility of permanently disabling the archive function site-wide that would be amazing.. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 7
Hey Richard, I work with a specific set of customers, I'd recommend submitting a support request into our support team so that way one of our document experts can work on this for you. Thank you! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Agree - unarchiving is flaky and takes way too long. Thanks for the tip @Dustin Martin . @Tyler Ogilvie - please extend our instance to 180days as well!!! Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 7
There seems to be some confusion with regards to this setting, this was the response from my help desk ticket. Thank you for your patience. Due to the way that the amount of active files in an environment impacts the performance, there is no way to change the archived settings to increase the amount of time before a proof is archived or disable this feature all together. I understand that it is inefficient to have to unarchive the document/ proof after 60 days but currently there is no way to increase that. I would recommend submitting your feedback through the "https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__experience.workfront.com_s_idea-2Dexchange&d=DwMCAw&c=9v03X1cd4qL8WXqUftON40ZtXlD8QUVhj7-eVRdUDKM&r=jZnGtHn5MuDYFKTN0B5VSuCZCqzrn8YS2BwQ-EMDUDw&m=BmLvb07yJq3EyUCqJrENsylp1Eiind1D0FgZdEXJw_I&s=ujLJhzy-k8nBs2zlHrJ5H84EfPq3g7NXxFYSfPsjaqA&e=" style="color: #000064;" Idea Exchange [experience.workfront.com] for other administrators to vote on, as we do look to incorporate these ideas into our product based on popularity! Because we've been able to address your question today, I will go ahead and close this ticket out. Should you have any further questions, please let me know! Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 7
Hi Richard, That was a misunderstanding, I've updated the support case, and set it to 180d for your account. Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
An Assigned Support Engineer! Just what I needed! How would I go about opening a ticket with you? We're having this same issue happen again. We need this file to create a mock-up by EOD and it's not allowing us to unarchive. #pleasehelp Marisol Campos Creative

Level 7
Hi Marisol, I would recommend opening a case with support. You can open a chat or call in. The Assigned Support Engineers are assigned to specific customer accounts when those customers purchase the ASE package. You can speak with your sales rep (Account Executive) to find out how much it would be to get your own ASE. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront