Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Unable to delete Projects

Level 2
I'm trying to delete the implementation project as well as a few example projects set up by WF admins and I keep getting this error. This effects my reports. Tried filtering in reports and still pulls them in. Billing Records with status of BILLED cannot be deleted Sarah Guerra Marketing Jumpstart Template
2 Replies

Level 10
I don't know if there is a shortcut but basically you'll need to go into the Billing Records tab of each project, and edit the billing record you find there, to set the Billing Status to Not Billed. After you save this, you'll be able to delete the record, and then delete the project. It used to be a very popular workaround or trick to ensure that a project does not get accidentally deleted (this was back in the days before we had a recycle bin). When you say "WF admins" are you talking about admins from Workfront? You could probably let them know there's no reason to do that anymore. -skye

Level 4

I know this is late for an answer but I just encountered this in Preview in an attempt to delete projects to make a kickstart. When I came here for suggestions I came across this - we did this Billing Record status as Skye mentioned early on when we implemented WF so the projects could not be deleted by accident. I created a report to find all projects marked "Billed" and bulk edited the report to Not Billed. Worked like a charm - goodbye projects. Putting this here just in case someone else runs into this down the road.